Business Development Manager, Sr. seeks opportunities for business development within a defined area or sector. Leads expansion into new markets to support the overall growth strategy. Being a Business Development Manager, Sr. builds relationships with existing clients in an attempt to increase their current investment. Reviews and analyzes the results of past campaigns to facilitate development of new initiatives and partnerships. Additionally, Business Development Manager, Sr. requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to a Director or a VP. The Business Development Manager, Sr. typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. To be a Business Development Manager, Sr. typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience.
Sr Business Development Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr Business Development Manager to join our team.
- Increase Agio’s market share in the alternative investment space vertical;
- Create and maintain a sales funnel including monthly prospecting reports and forecasts;
- You will research, prospect and identify targets for Agio Solutions and Services, forging relationships with key individuals at all levels;
- Work closely with implementation and support teams to ensure client satisfaction;
- Develop relationships with key decision makers and influencers at all levels with the organizations;
- Create proposals, negotiate and close contracts with prospects;
- Work with Marketing and Sales Management to identify key events and set Agio led lunch and learns in the area;
- Actively prospect new service opportunities within the assigned geography;
- Present Agio Services and Solutions to all levels of the organization and positioning the solution appropriately to each audience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field and/or have associated experience in the field (minimum of 3-5 years experience);
- A proven track record and measured success in sales and account management;
- Ability to understand the business challenges the prospect faces and effectively position Agio Solutions and Services to meet those needs;
- A minimum of 3-5 years sales experience including IT and CyberSecurity consulting sales;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport building, listening and questioning skills;
- Specific experience selling to financial services companies;
- Exceptional written and verbal skills.