Transport Administrator/Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Transport Administrator/Planner to join our team.
- Use the in house transport management system to monitor and update the progress of each transport;
- Ensuring all deliveries go out in time;
- Verifying/checking drivers activity and truck position;
- Monitor the general performance and utilisation of the trucks;
- Ensuring all customers are kept informed regarding deliveries;
- Route planning for deliveries;
- Responsible for team of drivers;
- General administration duties;
- Dealing with all the associated paperwork;
- Inform drivers or subcontractors about transport details (loading/unloading, goods etc.);
- Plan, organise and coordinate transport activities.
- Good time keeping;
- Computer Literate;
- Previous HGV/Driving Experience preferable;
- Work well under pressure;
- Experience that relates to a simliar role – someone who has worked in a administration role dealing with logistics for example;
- Strong IT Skills;
- Office Experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external parties.