The Warehouse Operations Manager oversees all receiving and distribution operations. Manages all warehouse activities. Being a Warehouse Operations Manager typically requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. Plans and monitors optimal space utilization and efficient inventory flow. In addition, Warehouse Operations Manager typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Warehouse Operations Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Warehouse Operations Manager typically requires 5-7 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Warehouse Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Warehouse Operations Manager to join our team.
- Working alongside the Stock Control Team to ensure stock system accuracy and minimise stock loss;
- Monitoring KPIs;
- Management and implementation of the WMS;
- Undertaking improvement and/or development projects as required to continuously improve the performance and efficiency of the warehouse operation;
- Identity requirements for additional resource over peak periods;
- Negotiate rates and service levels with 3pl transport providers;
- Manage the returns process whilst keeping the WMS accurate;
- Responsible for the continuous review of resource levels within the department in order to service the customers demands;
- Manage the pick process, analysing work flow, activity and resource availability;
- Ensure the Health, Safety and Cleanliness of the work environment;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders when required;
- Managing the use of and set up of the studio space;
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in accordance with Health and Safety requirements;
- Taking full responsibility for the day to day operations of the Bolton warehouse;
- Ensuring all warehouse systems and communication are accurate, and stock management procedures are followed.
- A minimum of 3+ years Logistics management experience;
- Have experience of LEAN methodologies;
- Be commutable to Leicester;
- Advanced MS Office applications skills- Outlook, Excel, Word;
- Understanding of lean or six sigma approach to operational efficiency and process improvement;
- Excellent understanding of warehouse management procedures;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Seasoned leader with proven ability to build relationships and develop others;
- Storage, Picking, Packing & shipping of goods;
- Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint in support of operational functions;
- Experience on managing budgets up to £500,000 per year;
- Previous experience of warehouse management and logistics planning systems;
- Valid fork-lift truck license;
- My client is looking for an experienced individual who has a proven track-record of working within FMCG logistics or 3PL environments;
- Commercially astute.