Head of Data & Insights Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Head of Data & Insights to join our team.
- Build business cases for new opportunities to exploit existing data set and create new data products;
- Identify opportunities to leverage external data analytics capabilities where appropriate;
- Driving best practices by bringing new tools, technologies and processes to the team and fostering a culture of continuous improvement;
- Establishing controls and workflows to improve data quality and build pipelines for data science;
- Recruiting and supporting the team, ensuring ongoing and transparent feedback and helping establish a high performance culture;
- Manage key external relationships with regards to data e.g. data leads from shareholders, BARB and other third part data providers;
- Work with the Commercial Director to formulate a plan for generating new revenues from commercialising data where feasible;
- Manage the process of data sharing with shareholder and the roadmap for delivering this;
- Engaging with stakeholders across the business to ensure their data and reporting requirements are captured and managed on the data roadmap;
- Be responsible for driving forward its implementation by working with the Engineering team to get the right solutions developed;
- Defining a clear mission and vision for the data function as we build up the data science pyramid of needs from collection to machine learning.
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience;
- A self-starter, demonstrating out-of-the box thinking in terms of new tools, technologies and techniques;
- An inquisitive mind, a team player and a passion for data;
- Experience with SQL required;
- Experience creating visual reports using platforms like Tableau;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to tell a clear, concise, actionable story with data to clients and colleagues;
- In-depth knowledge of data processing platforms like WPS, SAS or SPSS plus SQL;
- Ability to work in a dynamic team and juggle multiple projects at once.