Formulate design concepts and presentation approaches for visual communications media, such as print, broadcasting, and advertising. Direct workers engaged in art work or layout design.
Art Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Art Director to join our team.
- Collaborating with Lead Programmer to brainstorm technical ideas and solutions;
- Creating and updating the Art Bible, ensuring that the art team’s style remains consistent;
- Tracking and approving completed art assets from outsourcers or junior artists;
- Assisting the Producer in the creation and overall management of the art schedule and resource plans;
- Responsible for establishing the art production pipeline and enforcing the process throughout the project cycle;
- Identifying potential problems in the art pipeline and working with the Producer(s) to prevent them;
- Collaborating with Producer and Project Director to assemble a quality art team;
- Creating critical game ready art content as well as style guide assets to be used by outsourcers;
- Leading and motivating the art team to realize overall goals and deliver a successful project on time.
- Effective communication with peers, art staff and senior management;
- A self starter, proven to work and adhere to tight deadlines, whilst working collaboratively with different teams;
- Highly proficient in current development tools and software including Unreal, Unity, Maya and/or 3DS Max, Zbrush, Substance and Photoshop;
- Highly creative ideas with a strong design portfolio;
- An impeccable eye for aesthetic quality, visual excellence and a high attention to detail demonstrated through an impressive art portfolio;
- You will have good leadership skills, be a collaborative team player with 3+ years of game art management experience;
- Able to creatively supervise and drive artwork, directing the other artists and leading by example;
- Ability to work cooperatively on a team spanning artists, programmers and designers, and to compromise when necessary to achieve overall best results;
- Experience in estimating/scheduling (ideally within an agile environment);
- Ability to balance impacts of deadlines and resources with style and quality requirements of a title’s art direction;
- An eye for the best in contemporary design/typography;
- Good knowledge and understanding of TV, digital and social and how to create engaging content for these channels;
- Understands game production design process and methodology;
- Excellent communication skills and a positive demeanour;
- A high level of skills across Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.