Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
Content Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Content Editor to join our team.
- To review the content to ensure it is coherent, consistent, compelling and professional – meeting subscribers’ needs;
- To play an active role in the quality assurance process;
- To update content flagged out-of-date;
- To continually seek and take development opportunities in order to improve personal performance;
- To liaise with the Technical Services team to ensure content-related bugs are logged in a timely manner;
- To work with contributors to create content for the website;
- To suggest ways of maximising user engagement with the site;
- To obtain feedback from users of the website and to analyse this information to enable continual improvement of the site;
- To be aware of any current and upcoming policy documents and create and update required content as a result;
- To play an active role in content generation;
- To provide support to users of the website in a helpdesk capacity;
- Any such other reasonable duties as may be required;
- To act as a professional and positive ambassador for the company in order to support the company’s mission and profile;
- To research press and other media to identify relevant material to be incorporated onto the website.
- Proficient in content marketing tools;
- Supporting and managing a team;
- Ability to apply a style guide;
- Writing long and short form content for both print and digital channels;
- Proven experience in outsourcing high volumes of content to external agencies while maintaining brand integrity, tone of voice and quality standards;
- Good knowledge of SEO & digital content best practices;
- Responding to briefs by building amazing presentation decks;
- Interviewing and creating thought-leadership pieces;
- Crafting exciting and engaging copy for social media channels;
- Excellent presentation skills – both with external and internal stakeholders;
- At least five years’ experience delivering compelling content across various formats in fast paced digital environment;
- Experience working with interpreting SEO keyword briefs;
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing, PR or Communications;
- Commissioning and briefing contributors;
- Able to initiate, manage and own projects with tight deadlines.