The Continuous Improvement Specialist evaluates all continuous improvement activities and implements plans to optimize performance and processes. Assists with the implementation of Lean Manufacturing goals and strategies for improving the operations and processes within the organization. Being a Continuous Improvement Specialist typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Employs Lean methodologies and tools in order to accomplish business objectives. In addition, Continuous Improvement Specialist also requires training and Lean certification through an accredited organization. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Working as a Continuous Improvement Specialist typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Continuous Improvement Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Continuous Improvement Specialist to join our team.
- Identify and execute improvement projects (capital and non-capital) that fit within the site objectives;
- Working to identify and resolve EHS, Quality and productivity issues.
- Degree or experience educated in Technical/ Engineering or Quality Management;
- Writing/Reading: Yes English;
- Speaking: Yes English;
- The role holder must be trained as per the individual training requirements;
- Yes/No – Yes, occasional travel may be required;
- Desired understanding and practical application of Lean Principles and/or Six Sigma Green Belt.