Deputy Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Deputy Editor to join our team.
- Assisting with sub-editing and search optimisation of articles produced by other team members and third-party contributors;
- Leading by example in being the voice on global legal trends, exclusives and breaking news (includes writing own news/features);
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing and new law firms, practitioners, PR contacts and expert consulting companies;
- Attending and reporting on in-house events and conferences;
- Produce compelling, interesting and engaging content across the different brands.
- First-rate project and people management skills;
- Strong SEO awareness and abilities, particularly in the area of writing and editing of content designed for maximum shareability and readability;
- Proven experience as a writer, preferably in the legal and/or professional services sectors;
- A dedicated work ethic;
- Outstanding editing and proofreading abilities with outstanding attention to detail;
- The ability to manage a sizeable workload and work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent skills with content management systems and an eagerness to fully utilise the power of social media and email marketing to promote content;
- Academic degree or equivalent;
- Can demonstrate strong feature and news writing, interviewing, subbing and page layout using InDesign.