DevOps Engineer – Manchester Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a DevOps Engineer – Manchester to join our team.
- Automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale Linux environments;
- Work with development teams to enhance, document, establish a process and improve the operability and security of our systems;
- Build up and implement reliable infrastructure components to deliver highly scalable services on the AWS platform;
- Help to maintain the overall health and performance of our web applications and services.
- Experience working with containers such as Docker (deployment aspects);
- Strong background in Linux/Unix Administration;
- Solid scripting skills in one or more of: Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, PHP;
- Familiarity with large-scale databases and proficiency in SQL, MySQL;
- Experienced with source code control (GitHub or Bitbucket);
- Experience writing tools for automation, configuration and build;
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies, cloud services and automation tools e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Packer;
- Familiarity with a broad range of open source technologies, build tools and continuous integration systems (e.g. Jenkins);
- Experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS CLI is essential;
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.