Editors Editors plan, review, and revise content for publication.
Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Editor to join our team.
- Editing and proofreading text to ensure accuracy;
- Researching and writing feature articles and analysis pieces;
- Dealing with a team of designers and printers;
- Assessing and copy-editing manuscripts ensuring the material is consistent with our mission statement and organisational aims;
- Contacting key heads within the community, including suppliers and PR agencies;
- Writing high level and relevant content for the magazine, website and newsletters;
- Attending relevant summits and events;
- Liaising with external freelance editors and proof-readers;
- Public speaking at events and round tables.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat;
- Can-do attitude and happy to take on multiple roles;
- Team mentality;
- Knowledge of cameras and camera equipment or an interest in filming could be beneficial;
- A content reel highlighting past work including any and all multi camera performance edits;
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the English language with qualifications at Higher Grade/A Level or above;
- Previous experience in a similar role;
- Organisation/administration skills;
- Tech savvy is a plus, some working experience of CMS, Photoshop etc;
- Good editorial/copy-writing skills;
- Demonstrable proofreading skills;
- Fluency in other European languages could be beneficial;
- 2-3 years proven experience working as a music or pop culture editor;
- A strong ability to tell stories visually;
- Familiarity with oil and gas operations documentation and publishing processes is preferable but not essential as training will be given.