Copywriting Manager oversees the design and content of several publications. Manages a group of writers, freelancers, and research assistants. Being a Copywriting Manager reviews all assignments before publication to ensure material is accurate and compliance with internal and external policies. Responsible for publication schedule planning and budget control. Additionally, Copywriting Manager requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a director. The Copywriting Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. To be a Copywriting Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
Managing Copywriter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Managing Copywriter to join our team.
- Developing a thorough understanding of the affiliate marketing space;
- Maintaining a flow of ideas for blog titles, advertorials and marketing campaigns;
- Working with the SEO team to optimise content across different domains;
- Optimising web copy and tending to additional copywriting requests across the business;
- Creating new style guides and updating any existing training notes in tandem with template changes and/or different page needs;
- Collaborating with local and international teams;
- Line management of permanent members and assisting with the recruitment of staff;
- Overseeing internal business processes.
- Experience of working with brands in the affiliate marketing and/or voucher sector;
- Additional language skills/experience working across multilingual networks;
- Photography/image manipulation.