Medical Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Medical Editor to join our team.
- Editing a range of materials to agreed style/specification, and checking content for accuracy, consistency and grammar;
- Management of abstract and manuscript submissions;
- Seeking permissions and giving advice on copyright;
- Online submissions of manuscripts and abstracts;
- Liaison with designers regarding layouts and design work; management of the print/production process;
- Maintaining quality of outputs for your aligned accounts and mentoring/training less experienced team members when required.
- Excellent eye for detail;
- Life Science Degree;
- The ability to provide constructive and clear feedback to writers;
- Strong written and verbal communication;
- Intellectual curiosity : you will have a strong academic record and a degree in life sciences or English language;
- Accountability and responsibility : you will take responsibility for your workload and deadlines;
- An innate attention for detail : you will be passionate about the technical accuracy of your work.