Senior AI Programmer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior AI Programmer to join our team.
- Architecting the AI solution with the Technical Director;
- To work with the code and design leads to prioritise feature development;
- To be responsible for driving AI features through all stages of production: design, scheduling, implementation and polish;
- Working with the design and gameplay teams to bring compelling AI features to the game;
- Creating and managing the AI code base to provide a solid platform to build from;
- Writing automated tests to support longevity;
- Providing tools and working with QA to effectively handle testing;
- To work closely with other departments and give direction and feedback on requirements for the AI features being implemented.
- Good understanding of Unreal Engine or similar;
- Strong, demonstrable video game design skills;
- Experience working on and shipping at least one AAA video game title;
- Experience defining, designing, implementing, and supporting production process for creative software teams;
- Advanced understanding in C/C++;
- A passion for making video games, having worked on one or more titles (PC or console);
- Significant professional experience with C++ and other languages;
- Experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of AI code;
- An advanced understanding of the main gaming platforms and the requirements needed to develop software on them;
- A good understanding of game technology principles.