Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
Accounts Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Clerk to join our team.
- Preparing checks, deposits, budgets, and financial reports;
- Abiding by all company procedures and accounting principles;
- Post customer receipts and update sales ledger;
- Reconcile monthly petty cash;
- Matching delivery notes to invoices and chasing our sites / suppliers for missing delivery notes;
- Answering the telephone (we do have other people answering the phone here, it’s cover for when it can’t be picked up);
- Opportunity to learn and understand payroll;
- Preparing bank deposits;
- General Bookkeeping;
- Ensuring Accounting Department runs smoothly and efficiently;
- Month end accounts preparation;
- Check sales orders and process invoices;
- Dealing with card payment transactions over the phone and raising sales invoices for customer payments;
- Reconcile cash book against bank statements and liaise with company accountant and director.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles;
- Experience with data entry and record keeping;
- Must have vast experience in working in book keeping, general ledger and payroll reports;
- Computer literate in Sage 50 Accounts and Microsoft office;
- SME experience;
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team;
- Experience as a purchase ledger assistant;
- Confident Excel user;
- Experience on typical accounting packages;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong focus on controls and processes and a high attention to detail;
- 5+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience;
- Strong reconciliation skills.