Compile, compute, and record billing, accounting, statistical, and other numerical data for billing purposes. Prepare billing invoices for services rendered or for delivery or shipment of goods.
Accounts Payable Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Payable Clerk to join our team.
- Expenses and Petty Cash;
- Reviewing invoices;
- Processing of weekly, multi-million pound payment runs in multiple currencies;
- Resolution of everyday queries;
- Checking, inputting and processing invoices for payment;
- Responsible for supplier statement reconciliations;
- Good communication skills (written & verbal);
- Cash flow management for other departments;
- Management of FX payments;
- Any other ad hoc tasks;
- Process authorised invoices for payment by BACS (weekly), CHAPS, Faster Payment and Cheques. Ensuring that all invoices are paid by the due date;
- Maintaining petty cash and updating the cashbook;
- Dealing with supplier queries and being first point of contact over the telephone;
- Liaising with suppliers via telephone and email;
- Handling expenses.
- Engaged in aspects of invoice processing;
- 2 years + Accounts Payable experience;
- Strong IT skills – using the coins system;
- ERP (SAP) and excellent Excel skills (including vlookups and pivot tables) and OCR (Optical Character Recognition);
- Demonstrable experience in an Accounts Payable Clerk or Purchase Ledger considered an advantage;
- Previous experience in a previous role;
- A pro-active “CAN DO” attitude and an ability to perform under challenging deadlines;
- Good attention to detail and accuracy with data entry;
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Experience in Accounts Payable accounting aspects;
- Ideally be working towards an accounting qualification (AAT/ACCA/CIMA);
- Strong computer skills particularly MS Excel;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience of SAP – Essential.