Accounts Payable Manager manages all activities in the accounts payable function. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports. Being an Accounts Payable Manager reviews applicable accounting reports and accounts payable register to ensure accuracy. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Accounts Payable Manager typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Accounts Payable Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be an Accounts Payable Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Accounts Payable Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Payable Manager to join our team.
- Schedule and oversee regular payment runs ensuring they are processed and prepared in a timely and accurate manner;
- Ensure correct treatment of Vat & CIS tax;
- Perform daily reconciliations and ensure that all UK and international bank accounts are up to date;
- Set and achieve department KPI targets;
- Ownership of Accounts Payable processes & forms/templates to be consistent across the entire team & kept up to date;
- Prepare quarterly and weekly cash flow forecast;
- Helping to process employee expenses;
- Production of weekly and monthly reports;
- Organisation of daily payment runs and ensuring all financial controls are followed;
- To provide a secondary point of contact with all creditors who may have queries regarding outstanding invoices, or staff/ non staff expenses;
- Manage monthly closing of AP;
- Responsible for the development and management of the Accounts Payable Team Leaders who in turn manage a diverse group of accounts payable assistants;
- Enters status change information into project accounting software to ensure employee information is accurate and up to date;
- Responsible for prompt resolution of any legal letters/court summons received from suppliers;
- Develops and implement new procedures to benefit the department.
- Can use own initiative;
- Experience managing / working in an accounts payable function;
- Excellent computer skills – including Microsoft Excel, E-mail and accounting packages, preferably with experience of Access Dimension;
- 5+ years of accounts payable experience working for a financial services institution;
- Appreciation of the fundamentals of accounting and the importance of strong financial controls;
- Organised and methodical in your approach to work and able to prioritise work appropriately;
- Educated to GSCE level or equivalent;
- Able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Experience working in a professional services organisation an advantage;
- A robust approach to relationships and interactions with colleagues;
- Previous experience of working in a client focused environment with the ability to communicate at all levels is essential;
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels;
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure and meet critical deadlines;
- Proven ability to multi task;
- Qualified or studying towards ACCA/CIMA/AAT is desireable.