Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
Accounts Payable Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Payable Specialist to join our team.
- Preparation of regular payment runs;
- Receive purchase order requests for Project and other specified cost types and set up in SAP;
- Work with the person responsible to ensure that purchase orders are finished once all goods and invoices have been received;
- Set up and maintain supplier accounts;
- Work on converting PO’s to invoices;
- Month end support;
- Assisting with preparation of audit samples;
- Processing of Payment Runs including BACS, CHAPS and Cheque payments;
- Review and verify invoices and cheque requests;
- Produce credit notes for specific customers on a monthly basis;
- Processing supplier invoices and obtaining approval;
- Follow up with the recipient on missing goods receipts for purchase order invoices;
- Preparation of international payments;
- Follow up with the person responsible on any tax or quantity variances arising on purchase order invoices older than 7 days;
- Managing the Accounts Payable inbox.
- Previous Accounts Payable experience;
- Able to work independently;
- Experience with large ERP systems would be highly advantageous;
- Someone who go’s above and beyond their job remit;
- Team Player;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge and experience within accounts payable processes;
- Able to work in a fast paced environment;
- Minimum of 1-2 years AP experience;
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently;
- Can use own initiative;
- SAP experience;
- Good Excel skills;
- Quick learner;
- Energetic, outgoing individual.