Accounts Payable Supervisor is responsible for activities and operations in the accounts payable function for the organization. Analyzes invoices and expense reports for accuracy and eligibility for payment. Being an Accounts Payable Supervisor ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate financial records and control reports. Prepares accounts payable register and related reports in a timely manner. Additionally, Accounts Payable Supervisor may require a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager. The Accounts Payable Supervisor supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. To be an Accounts Payable Supervisor typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Accounts Payable Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Payable Supervisor to join our team.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the accounts payable department;
- Assist with Process Improvements and proactively make suggestions on how the team could work more efficiently/
- Liaising with management accounts team to ensure appropriate coding and assist with month end procedures;
- ensuring supplier statement reconciliations are reconciled on a weekly basis;
- Overseeing and overlooking the Accounts Payable team by setting objectives and monitoring workloads;
- Identify areas for improvement with the processes, ensuring appropriate escalation and resolution of issues;
- Processing payment runs;
- Preparing BACS payments and payment runs, ensuring all payments are made in accordance with company policy;
- Develop and maintain regular KPI reporting for the teams deliverables;
- Monitor and report on Key Performance Indicators;
- Ensuring supplier invoices are processed correctly, and that invoices are paid to agreed terms;
- Being responsible for any queries and disputes;
- Oversee the day to day running of the Accounts Payable department;
- Building effective working relationships with suppliers and identify efficiency savings within the various processes;
- Regular meetings and appraisals with your team.
- Have a strong understanding of Accounts payable and basic double entry;
- A can-do attitude with a proactive approach to problem solving;
- Intermediate excel skills required;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Experience of managing a small team;
- Good system exposure;
- Have a proven track record meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations;
- Can commute to the Ascot area;
- Supervisory experience;
- Must be able to work in a tight knit team and lead by example;
- Have exposure to system and process implementation;
- Systematic and efficient approach to their work;
- Available on short notice;
- Solid understand of Accounts Payable processes.