Compile data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods; posting data; and keeping other relevant records. May involve use of computer or typewriter, calculator, and adding and bookkeeping machines.
Accounts Receivable Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accounts Receivable Clerk to join our team.
- Create and send invoices to company customers;
- Capacity to help with ongoing project testing, working instruction completion & ad hoc meeting requests with stakeholders;
- Inbox management;
- Maintain system to place customers on hold where applicable, updating account managers frequently;
- Inputting transactions;
- Producing monthly management reports;
- Preparing statements of accounts;
- Ensure credit memos are duly processed once authorized;
- Chasing payments if necessary, as per the company’s debt collection procedure;
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits;
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues;
- Effectively dealing with customer account queries / complaints;
- Allocating payments correctly;
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Adaptable and solid team player;
- Ability to Multi task, prioritize own workload and demonstrate accuracy;
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained;
- SAP Knowledge and Excel skills, high attention to detail;
- Good level of collections experience;
- Preferred area of study- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians), ICM (Institute of Credit Management) or equivalent relevant experience;
- Preferred rea of study- AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians), ICM (Institute of Credit Management) or equivalent relevant experience.