Application Support Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Application Support to join our team.
- Advance Excel knowledge (e.g. pivot tables, vlookup);
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Great problem-solving skills, analytical mindset;
- Some experience in a technical environment;
- Understanding of the software development process;
- Knowledge / previous experience with SQL / PostgreSQL / Oracle;
- Understanding of the Agile methodology;
- Scripting knowledge in any programming language will be an advantage.
- Assess each issue/problem raised for impact to the customer and prioritise and plan workload as appropriate;
- Ownership of investigations of internal and external customers in line with defined service level agreements and Support procedures;
- Forecast and communicate resolution timescales, adjusting according to progress;
- Escalate & provide feedback to the Customer Services Manager on common issues;
- Diagnosing faults within existing or newly developed software;
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support with hands-on telephone and email support;
- Providing solutions to problems & customer requests, including data changes if appropriate;
- Ownership and ability to action and track customer incidents through to resolution;
- Liaising with other teams to ensure permanent software fixes are implemented;
- Responding quickly, appropriately and professionally to customer and internal queries regarding software issues.