Assistant Solicitor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Assistant Solicitor to join our team.
- Is developing a client/referrer base;
- Conduct of matters on behalf of clients;
- Travelling to client meetings both in and outside the UK when required;
- Financial control, with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures;
- To ensure compliance with Lexcel, anti money laundering;
- Taking referrals from other firms of solicitors when a conflict of interest arises, or if they have no specialist practitioner available;
- Working in a team within the firm, referring files to the head of unit as appropriate;
- Explaining the firms fees to clients;
- Meeting and interviewing clients to establish the firm’s suitability to provide the necessary advice and services;
- Advise on borrowing on property;
- To ensure that Safe Working Practices are adhered to, in accordance with Health and Safety Legislation and Blackadders LLP;
- Delegating work to junior and trainee solicitors, paralegals and legal secretaries as appropriate;
- Perform tasks relating to the conveyancing process i.e. dealing with missives, title deeds, land registration, settlements, post settlements etc;
- Liaising with surveyors, financial institutions, builders etc;
- Report to client on contract and title.
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other office management systems;
- Well-developed interpersonal, social and communication skills Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
- Enthusiasm and commitment;
- Sound training;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Prior knowledge of Lexcel requirements;
- Computer literate with an ability to develop its use in own functional area.