Attendance Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Attendance Officer to join our team.
- To liaise with pupil services about availability of school places and provide appropriate advice to parents;
- Liaising with other agencies such as schools, local authorities and the police to minimise risk to clients;
- To ensure that cases, where a school attendance order is required, are referred to the court manager for action;
- Logging referrals, making checks within timescales and feedback information relevant agencies;
- Making home visits where required;
- Safeguarding clients, prioritising cases on their level of risk and escalating cases where necessary;
- To provide specialist support and guidance to other agencies, colleagues, schools and clients;
- To build positive relationships with students and parents to boost attendance;
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children;
- Cover reception; to take telephone calls, relay messages to staff and parents;
- To ensure all information/data relating to student attendance is accurately recorded, analysed and acted upon in an appropriate and timely manner;
- To undertake routine clerical duties;
- Using the SIMS System;
- To attend student/parent meetings or make home visits in relation to attendance issues;
- To provide an efficient and high-quality administrative support to all staff and students.
- Calm Assertive and able to deal with difficult situation/ different levels;
- Ability to give evidence at Court;
- Understanding of the importance of child safeguarding related to irregular school attendance;
- Excellent Communication Skills/ Organisational Skills Processes of Assessment/Planning Skills.