Compile data, compute fees and charges, and prepare invoices for billing purposes. Duties include computing costs and calculating rates for goods, services, and shipment of goods; posting data; and keeping other relevant records. May involve use of computer or typewriter, calculator, and adding and bookkeeping machines.
Billing Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Billing Clerk to join our team.
- Producing invoices and quotes to send to clients;
- Managing data for both small and large accounts;
- Moving and managing large quantities of billing and client information from one electronic system to another;
- General administration duties;
- Manage account balances to discover outstanding debts or other inconsistencies;
- Check the data input in the accounting system to ensure accuracy of final bill;
- Send reminders for payments and contact customers when assigned;
- Collect all information needed to calculate bills receivable (order amounts, discount rates etc.);
- Issue customer account statements periodically or whenever necessary;
- Report on activity to upper management;
- Answer questions and handle complaints from customers regarding bills;
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information etc;
- Issue invoices and bills and sent them to customers through various channels (mail, e-mail etc.);
- Receive payments through various methods (cash, online payments etc.) and check for credibility.
- Excellent math ability;
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel); Working knowledge of relevant ERP will be appreciated;
- Proven experience as billing clerk or general accounting experience;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good organisational skills;
- Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines.