The Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant balances ledgers, reconciles accounts, and prepares reports to show receipts, expenditures, accounts receivable, and payable. Maintains and records a complete and systematic set of business transactions. Being a Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant may require an associate’s degree or its equivalent. Follows bookkeeping procedures established by the organization. In addition, Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant typically reports to a supervisor or a manager. Being a Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as a Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Bookkeeper and Accounts Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Bookkeeper and Accounts Assistant to join our team.
- Accruals and Prepayments;
- Assisting with the year end and interim audits;
- Assist in new recharges;
- Reconcile payment requests/ supplier statements to the system;
- Other ad hoc reports and tasks;
- Producing periodic debtor/creditor reports and ad hoc reports for management;
- Recording and handling petty catch;
- Purchase invoices coding and input into sage;
- Preparation of invoices and maintenance of invoice logs;
- Undertake some basic management accounts and reporting where necessary;
- Assist in reconciling incoming rent/data input;
- Allocating supplier payments/bank receipts;
- Raising sales invoices and credit notes;
- Producing month end statements;
- Monthly bank reconciliations.
- Sage 50 experience;
- Immediately available;
- Relevant Accounts experience;
- Good communication skills.