Compile, compute, and record billing, accounting, statistical, and other numerical data for billing purposes. Prepare billing invoices for services rendered or for delivery or shipment of goods.
Bookkeeper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Bookkeeper to join our team.
- Post customer receipts and update sales ledger;
- Reviewing month-end processes;
- Monthly profit and loss;
- Invoicing across multiple currencies and manage aged debt;
- Monthly/quarterly sales invoicing;
- Managing phone-calls and correspondence in regards basic accounting queries with the group’s external accountancy provider;
- Prepare the control accounts;
- Updating the weekly cash flow forecast;
- Managing invoices & payments;
- Foreign currency management for various companies (GBP, USD, EURO);
- Dealing with accounting queries regarding the purchase ledger;
- Regular meetings with international offices;
- Complete month end/year end procedures including journals and balance sheet analysis;
- Monitoring credit rating of customers;
- Month end payroll routines.
- Ideally AAT qualified;
- Able to manage workload and prioritise tasks appropriately;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- An affinity for working with numbers;
- Solid working experience of Xero, Quickbooks and Sage;
- Completed or be studying towards professional qualifications e.g. AAT however QBE candidates will also be considered;
- Good experience of using Sage 50, Xero, QuickBooks Online or similar accounting packages;
- Keen to develop themselves and grow with the business over the coming years;
- Personable, enthusiastic and keen to be an integral part of a busy team in a small company;
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail;
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office;
- Must have experience working in an Accountancy Practice;
- Good knowledge of the basics of VAT and VAT schemes;
- Contract creation and management;
- SAGE experience is essential, experience with XERO is highly desirable.