Dispatcher assigns drivers and vehicles to convey freight or passengers to assigned destination. Coordinates and trains drivers according to and in compliance with DOT regulations and company rules. Being a Dispatcher provides updates to customers on delivery status. Tracks driver assignments and other shipping data in a computer database. Additionally, Dispatcher requires a high school diploma. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Dispatcher gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. To be a Dispatcher typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Dispatcher Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Dispatcher to join our team.
- Strong customer service focus;
- Ability to manage customers’ expectations on all levels;
- Excellent telephone manner;
- Strong communication skills are a must;
- Ability to react quickly to daily operational challenges;
- Office Administrator experience;
- A high personal drive to deliver within set KPIs;
- Positive and flexible attitude that focuses on solutions;
- Excellent IT skills (MS Word, Excel).
- Can lift 35+ lbs;
- Must pass drug screen;
- Must pass background check.