The Executive Assistant to the CEO reviews, prioritizes, directs and delegates a wide variety of complex and confidential requests that are presented to the executive for consideration. Provides administrative support in a variety of functions to the Chief Executive Officer that are focused on increasing the efficiency of the executive. Being an Executive Assistant to the CEO responds to or routes priority or confidential inquiries from external or internal sources with correspondence or other messaging on behalf of the executive. Summarizes, prioritizes, and researches information into a concise and usable format for the executive to review. In addition, Executive Assistant to the CEO creates or directs creation of reports, charts, budgets and other presentation materials for the executive. Coordinates high level projects, travel arrangements, and meetings. May plan and schedule work and direct other staff to deliver support. Has a broad knowledge and understanding of the company’s operations and business objectives. Requires an associate’s degree or its equivalent. Typically reports to the CEO. Being an Executive Assistant to the CEO contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as an Executive Assistant to the CEO typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Executive Assistant to CEO Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Executive Assistant to CEO to join our team.
- Assisting with special projects;
- Preparing documents for meetings;
- Schedule all committee meetings for the CEO;
- Handling all projects from start to finish;
- Book travel and accommodation for CEO and senior members of staff;
- Ad-hoc requests;
- Preparing presentations, review and proof-read for clients and meetings;
- Planning and coordination of travel arrangements;
- Set up large team events, and organise team off-site meetings;
- Ensure smooth running of office environment, acting as the CEO’s eyes and ears within the office;
- Prepare and handle confidential and high priority communication, data reports and files;
- Prioritise the CEO’s agenda, ensuring that the CEO is able to fulfil commitments to the internal team as well as to external stakeholders;
- Create, manage and assist with project related work as needed;
- Coordination of various internal and external calls and meetings;
- Processing of expense reports.
- Ability to remain calm & work on your own initiative;
- Ability to plan, time manage effectively and meet deadlines – great multi-tasker;
- Incredibly organised and detail-oriented with ability to prioritise across multiple assignments;
- Committed to improving the status quo, someone who is able to consult and support the CEO and others with questions and advise;
- Team player – highly motivated with great attitude and willingness to help wherever needed;
- Trustworthy as you will be privy and required to handle confidential information;
- Intermediate level MS Office – especially Word and Excel and PowerPoint;
- Flexible and able to thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- At least 3+ years of administrative experience with executive members;
- Significant Executive Assistant or PA support experience in a start-up/high growth business;
- A high level of integrity and confidentiality;
- A great understanding of the sales environment pressures enabling prioritisation of tasks;
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to actively listen and communicate at all levels;
- Excellent customer service skills – able to build rapport and effectively manage relationships;
- Strong understanding of Google Suite, Slack, etc.