Perform activities in the human resource area. Includes employment specialists who screen, recruit, interview, and place workers.
HR Generalist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a HR Generalist to join our team.
- Leading on all HR projects, this role will offer a blank canvas for the successful candidate to make this their own and regain buy in to HR;
- Advising and guiding managers on best practice and compliance with regards to all internal ER issues;
- Effectively managing compliance with regards to new starters ensuring you have conducted all relevant checks;
- HR Projects to include Employee Engagement, Talent, Reward and Learning and Development;
- Act as a champion of HR systems and processes with the wider business;
- Office management, encompassing all parts of day to day functionality;
- Co-ordinate and book travel;
- Working with line managers to manage applications and schedule interviews;
- Communicating with teams across the UK; including some travel to various sites across the UK;
- Weekly and monthly reporting;
- Ability to think fast, innovatively and create solutions;
- Regulation compliance;
- General administration duties, spreadsheets, minute taking, organise meetings;
- Full Generalist HR advice and guidance to the wider business;
- Insurance renewals.
- Structured in approach but flexible enough to work in an ever-changing environment, comfortable working with ambiguity;
- International experience would be advantageous;
- Project work experience (i.e.) Implementation of new HR Software (Currently in the final stages of a cloud-based software);
- Understands the roles of Senior Management and Line Managers in a SME;
- Generalist HR experience (Especially with Disciplinary, Employment reviews, recruitment etc.);
- Operationally focused, client centric and passionate in the value add of HR;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Full Clean Driving Licence & car essential;
- Well-developed interpersonal negotiating and influencing skills, together with a supportive and empathetic telephone manner;
- Able to confidently offer support and advise to senior colleagues and managers;
- MS Office: Advanced Excel and Word, with PowerPoint being desirable;
- Self-starter as standalone role with daily reporting and weekly site visits;
- Degree preferred in HR or Business;
- Proven HR experience within a financial services organisation;
- Previous experience in a HR position.