Plan, direct, or coordinate human resources activities and staff of an organization.
HR Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a HR Manager to join our team.
- Arrange induction modules for new starters and assist in coordinating training;
- Reviewing letters/ documents in readiness for formal hearings and providing feedback to Line Managers where appropriate;
- Ensure all SLAs are met / exceeded;
- Ensure all HR data and systems are accurate and up to date;
- Streamlining service level agreements and looking for opportunities to reduce costs by bringing services in house;
- Track pending new hires, approval requests, and pending terminations;
- Managing complex TUPE transfer agreements of varying sizes as the Group’s business portfolio develops;
- Work in close collaboration with the Onboard Learning & Development Officer to provide suitable and relevant training for the ship team;
- Advise and support line management on pay and benefits, examining ways to enhance our reward and recognition opportunities;
- Manage Temporary Agency Contract and Site Services contracts to ensure an effective and cost-effective service is provided to the site;
- Ensure the maintenance of effective employee relations, which are in line with business requirements via the Company Council;
- Provide expert guidance across multiple business disciplines in the case of grievance, performance management, sickness and disciplinary procedures;
- Provide an effective HR service onboard which is pragmatic, commercial, solution focused and provides a professional HR service to the fleet/ship;
- Improving process efficiency;
- All aspects of recruitment, selection and on-boarding from senior management to operator level.
- Professional Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Experience working in high tech manufacturing sector a bonus;
- Ongoing drive to deliver exceptional results;
- Experience in developing HR policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance;
- Work with line managers to analyse training needs and agree and deliver a cost effective and meaningful Learning and Development Plan;
- Honest, discrete, reliable and committed with a strong customer focused ethos;
- Excellent diary management and prioritisation skills;
- Displays cultural sensitivity and the ability to communicate effectively across various geographies;
- Must have vast ER experience;
- Has excellent communication and interpersonal skills, is able to communicate both internally and externally;
- Friendly and professional manner;
- Ability to work with colleagues at all levels;
- Experience in managing ER issues, providing consultative and commercially-minder HR guidance to business leaders;
- Talent Acquisition;
- Valid driver’s license.