Laboratory Service Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Laboratory Service Coordinator to join our team.
- Monitor and keep communal areas clean and tidy;
- Proactively deliver the operational laboratory support managing workload and service levels as required by the research group(s);
- Ad hoc orders on SharePoint;
- To carry out all scientific support activities in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines, GLS & local agreements;
- Perform specialist equipment user performance checks i.e. pH meter, Echo;
- Maintain and organise laboratory consumable inventories;
- Receipt and unpacking of parcel deliveries.
- Good planning, organisational and analytical skills;
- Problem-solving capabilities & confidence to react promptly to deliver the best service possible;
- Knowledge of SHE requirements in a laboratory environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Experience of working in a laboratory environment;
- Good time management skills, ability to be flexible and handle multiple responsibilities/tasks;
- Experience of shipping dangerous goods to IATA/ADR regulations advantageous;
- Self-motivated, energetic and dependable with a clear attention to detail;
- A scientific qualification is preferable, or experience working within a scientific environment;
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills;
- Knowledge of GLP regulations;
- Proven excellent customer service focus and ability to work collaboratively;
- Experience in a customer-facing role is an advantage;
- Basic IT skills required (advance Microsoft Excel preferable).