The Logistics Assistant I coordinates inventory management, warehousing, and transportation activities in order to optimize inventory levels and minimize costs. Provides clerical support for inbound and outbound logistical operations. Being a Logistics Assistant I typically requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Supports a variety of logistical functions, including sourcing, receiving, purchasing, and dispatching. In addition, Logistics Assistant I typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Logistics Assistant I works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. Possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Logistics Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Logistics Assistant to join our team.
- Movement of inbound and outbound food, equipment and customer luggage;
- Customer Transfers between pre-determined locations;
- Support the Logistics and Customer Service departments;
- Handling of Customer Reserve and Rental queries;
- Process re-lands for both Company/Customer owned wine;
- Obtain invoices for customer wine bought from other Merchants;
- Processing/Amending/Receipting Sales Orders, Uplifts, Return Orders, Transfers and Purchase Orders;
- Assisting with Customer Reserve Management;
- Allocating stock and stock control of materials;
- Manage the inbound delivery and collection process of customer owned stock from other UK Merchants;
- Maintaining records;
- Amend erroneous Sales/Return orders whilst adhering to daily cut off times;
- Daily landing and reconciliation of inbound stock into our warehouse, when necessary;
- Liaise with 3rd Party warehouses;
- Light maintenance of company vehicles as well as routine checks.
- Team orientated;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Previous work experience within logistics;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Attention to detail.