Medical secretaries transcribe dictation and prepare reports or articles for physicians or medical scientists . They also take simple medical histories of patients, arrange for patients to be hospitalized, or process insurance payments. Medical secretaries need to be familiar with medical terminology and codes, medical records, and hospital or laboratory procedures.
Medical Secretary Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Medical Secretary to join our team.
- Diary Management;
- All correspondence are processed in a timely manner;
- Arranging appointments, liaising with internal and external departments;
- Filing of documents;
- Providing a highly specialised comprehensive and confidential secretarial service;
- Obtaining investigations results;
- Maintaining the database;
- Pulling task letters from SystmOne;
- Ensuring full capacity of clinics is achieved;
- Typing doctors notes and reports;
- Prioritise and produce high quality reports including admission, discharge summaries and mental health tribunal reports;
- Typing up letters and reports;
- Establish a good working relationship with clinicians and professionals involved in patient care;
- Liasing with patients and doctors;
- Typing records.
- Excellent computer skills;
- Able to meet deadlines;
- Good communicator;
- Liaise with other departments and senior management;
- Friendly and outgoing;
- Typing experience;
- Strong knowledge of medical terminology;
- Fast and accurate typing skills;
- Punctual and reliable;
- Experience using DGL, CWS/Meditech;
- Previous Medical Secretary experience within the private health care sector;
- Excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills;
- RSA II or equivalent qualification in Audio typing/word processing or equivalent experience;
- Good telephone manner;
- Able to function efficiently under pressure and able to meet strict deadlines.