Compile and record employee time and payroll data. May compute employees’ time worked, production, and commission. May compute and post wages and deductions, or prepare paychecks.
Payroll Clerk Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Payroll Clerk to join our team.
- Producing and checking of payroll reports;
- Process company’s payroll every pay period;
- Monthly staff Payroll;
- Monthly/yearly returns to Inland Revenue;
- Answer staff questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records;
- Collect, compile and enter employee status changes, new hires, terminations, and payroll data;
- Ad hoc support of the wider finance department;
- Submit Australia payroll taxes;
- Processing company monthly payroll;
- Experience of Sage Payroll;
- Processing all Manual calculations;
- Importing BAC’s into bank;
- Inputting hours into sage;
- Dealing with CIS returns and queries;
- Pension import.
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Strong numerical skills;
- 3+ years’ experience delivering end-to-end payroll;
- Confident communicator, both written and verbal;
- Organisational skills;
- Strong Customer Service skills;
- Work well in a team;
- Experience in high volumed payroll using Sage line 50;
- Ability to work well under pressure and on your own initiative;
- Strong Payroll experience, preferably with SAP system knowledge;
- Be able to provide references to cover the previous two years;
- Good knowledge of HR and payroll administration with good understanding of statutory payroll;
- Experience in International Payroll processes a bonus;
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office, Word and especially Excel.