Senior Accounts Payable Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Accounts Payable to join our team.
- Working closely with the production and admin departments;
- Reconciling all supplier accounts to ensure accuracy and to catch any issues in a timely manner;
- Payment processing on banking software;
- Preparing supplier and expense payment runs;
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude and a desire to learn;
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot tables, Vlookups, etc);
- Ability to manage and prioritise competing tasks in a fast paced and busy environment;
- Coding and entering invoices in batch and posting to ledgers when approved. This includes coding to projects for direct costs;
- Matching received invoices to POs/time sheets or supporting information;
- Identify areas for process improvement, especially where risks have been identified;
- Periodic reconciliation of employee expense accounts;
- Identifying expenses for payment, setting payment up online;
- Allocating payments against expense accounts;
- Follow up on any discrepancies;
- Assist with month-end close and accruals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication in all its form;
- Excellent working knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Pro-active, flexible self-starter;
- Previous Accounts Payable experience beneficial;
- Able to work within a team and capable of delivering objectives.