Treasury Analyst I provides financial planning and analysis in the conduct of daily treasury activities. Oversees corporate cash management, credit administration, administration of business insurance programs, and potentially also stock programs in an independent corporation or subsidiary. Being a Treasury Analyst I researches economic trends and investment opportunities. May assist senior staff with preparing materials and reports using standard methodologies and procedures. Additionally, Treasury Analyst I determines procurement of funds and monitors investments and collections. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Treasury Analyst I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Treasury Analyst I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Treasury Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Treasury Analyst to join our team.
- Managing, analysing and reporting on short term liquidity within the group;
- Working both independently and alongside other teams in order to automate and improve manual tasks;
- Overseeing and maintaining internal and external treasury reporting, ensuring it is accurate and goes out on a timely basis;
- Understanding different trader groups margin consumption and making sure relevant costs are correctly allocated back to models;
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legal documentation (cut-offs for calling, MTA per counterparty etc);
- Understanding differing rates on treasury investments and subsequently looking to optimise returns;
- Maintaining robust risk management processes and controls for all Treasury functions;
- Exposure to a variety of different asset classes and understanding their individual capital requirements;
- Understanding where our cash is held and what our counterparty exposure and risk is;
- Support requests for equity financing and debt financing;
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for investment across the Splend Group;
- Advise as necessary on credit collection from customers;
- Maintain a system of policies and procedures that impose an adequate level of control over treasury activities;
- Advise management as necessary on the liquidity aspects of its short- and long-range planning;
- Adhere to deadlines, deliverables and reporting timelines in support of the group finance function.
- Hands on and able to work in a very fast growth environment;
- Experience in vehicle asset finance and rental business would be highly desirable;
- c.5 years experience in treasury roles (small and large companies);
- Recognised Accounting qualification;
- Knowledge of investments, bank account management, international funds flow;
- Strategic in a hands-on environment;
- Strong commercial and operational focus;
- Work cross-departmentally;
- Adaptability – ability to deal with uncertainty and change;
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment.