Ward Manager – Oncology Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Ward Manager – Oncology to join our team.
- Actively participates in an effective staff performance and appraisal system;
- Maintains effective communication with all members of the multidisciplinary team to deliver a high quality of care;
- Actively seeks ongoing feedback on performance to make necessary changes/adjustments;
- Ensures staff rosters which maximise patient care and skill mix is appropriate;
- Adheres to the organisation’s values and mission/vision in his/her daily work and interaction with others;
- Maintains department costs and staff costs in line with budget and worked hours/Units of Services (UOS);
- Acts as clinical expert for junior staff;
- Works collaboratively to recruit and select exceptional staff, with appropriate skills;
- Consistently models effective leadership through personal behaviour;
- Implements effective strategies to retain quality staff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- RGN with current NMC PIN;
- Evidence of post graduate experience with leadership skills/managing people;
- Previous experience of working within Oncology.