Warehouse Supervisor supervises the overall warehouse operations and daily activities of staff. Oversees inventory levels, monitors the safety of goods, and ensures the efficient usage of warehouse space. Being a Warehouse Supervisor operates an applicable system to update inventory status and respond to stakeholder’s inquiries. May require an associate degree or its equivalent. Additionally, Warehouse Supervisor typically reports to a manager. The Warehouse Supervisor supervises a small group of para-professional staff in an organization characterized by highly transactional or repetitive processes. Contributes to the development of processes and procedures. Thorough knowledge of functional area under supervision. To be a Warehouse Supervisor typically requires 3 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Warehouse Supervisor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Warehouse Supervisor to join our team.
- Ensure vans are routinely inspected for defects and report any damage to WLM. Liaise with repair garages where appropriate;
- Prepare all orders for dispatch via drivers and distributers in liaison with Sales team;
- Accountable for operating the weighbridge;
- Enforce van cleaning and schedule, including daily and weekly routines;
- Operate and maintain stock temperatures;
- improve processes where possible;
- taking ownership for the daily operations of the warehouse;
- Compile orders as required;
- Manage health and safety within the warehouse, promoting safe working practices;
- Monitoring equipment / health and safety in the work area;
- Attending weekly Quality / Technical / Stock Meetings;
- Overseeing Picking, Packing, and Dispatch, ensuring that daily orders are completed;
- Ability to diagnose hydraulic and general maintenance faults and carry out repairs;
- Review timeliness of scheduled deliveries;
- Putting together new processes to make the most of the warehouse function.
- Risk assessment;
- You must have a proven-track record of developing people within your team, including organic growth, PDP’s etc;
- Flexi license;
- SAP experience would be highly desirable;
- Calm under pressure;
- Fire marshal;
- Working knowledge of 5S Standards and Health and Safety management;
- Demonstrable skills in people engagement and development;
- Strong system and process skills, all the better if you have knowledge of picking systems;
- 5 GCSE’s above grade C or equivalent O Levels;
- IT literate in terms of Microsoft packages and an understanding of warehouse management systems;
- Fully flexible around all shifts;
- Multi-user warehousing experience would be highly desirable;
- In-house warehousing experience is preferable.