Residential Childcare Worker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Residential Childcare Worker to join our team.
- Encouraging the children to be healthy, take part in education and activities and promote their independence;
- Working 3 long days and two sleep in shifts per week, including some weekend days and bank holidays on a rota basis;
- Writing up reports regularly and punctually;
- Promoting the children’s physical and emotional well-being;
- Encouraging and joining in with the children in going out and taking part in a wide range of activities;
- Being a strong advocate, listening to their views and providing counsel;
- Motivating the young people’s efforts in attaining their goals;
- Empathising, listening and guiding;
- Dealing with challenging behaviour in a firm but fair way – promoting positive behaviour;
- Looking after the house keeping it clean and tidy, taking part in preparing and cooking meals;
- Being involved in mealtimes and keeping the house clean and tidy.
- Sensitive and compassionate. Energetic and naturally positive;
- Car driver;
- Able to work long day (16 hour) shifts. You will work on average 40 daytime hours two sleep ins per week on a rota basis;
- Experience of working with children/young people with complex needs and challenging behaviour;
- Resilience and strength to be able to continually respond appropriately to a wide range of emotions and behaviours from traumatised young people.