Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, milling and engraving machines, and jig borers to make working models of metal or plastic objects. Includes template makers.
CNC Machinist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CNC Machinist to join our team.
- Working to tight tolerances;
- Programming, Setting and Operating CNC Lathes or CNC Mills;
- Creating components using Fanuc controls;
- Working on a variety of projects from small to large batch work;
- Programming, Setting and Operating CNC Lathes using Fanuc controls;
- To drive Company vehicle for collection/deliveries as and when required;
- To produce CAM data for the CNC machining centres; with working knowledge of Solid works and Auto CAD;
- To manufacture and work on all aspects of injection mould tooling;
- Operating 2, 3 & 5 Axis CNC machines, predominantly Mazak;
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities within the department. Improving processes and applying tools and methods from the TEOA site plan;
- Read blueprints;
- Accountable for the machined dimensions and quality of all works undertaken;
- Working to tight tolerances, checking own work and work of others as required;
- Ensure a high level of housekeeping and that your area of responsibility is “visitor ready” at all times using 5S Techniques;
- Ensure that daily maintenance is carried out as required.
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Proactive and enthusiastic attitude;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- The ability to work independently and as a team;
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs;
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains, and foreign matter;
- Time served apprenticeship would be preferred but not entirely necessary;
- Fully conversant with operating manual lathes, milling machines, CNC Lathes;
- Must be proficient in Fanuc & Heidenhain, other systems would be advantageous too;
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto machines;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in CNC machining;
- Positive, pro-active attitude and the ability to interact and adapt in a small team is essential;
- Bench work experience;
- Experience of CNC Lathe Machinery is desirable.