Operate, test, maintain, or calibrate unmanned, automated, servo-mechanical, or electromechanical equipment. May operate unmanned submarines, aircraft, or other equipment at worksites, such as oil rigs, deep ocean exploration, or hazardous waste removal. May assist engineers in testing and designing robotics equipment.
Electro-Mechanical Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electro-Mechanical Technician to join our team.
- Operating production line equipment;
- Test sample preparation;
- Making measurements within a cryogenic environment;
- Small –signal instrumentation and fine wiring;
- Assembling test fixtures;
- Assembling instrumentation and associated wiring;
- Carry out cleaning and basic maintenance of work areas and machinery;
- Carry out basic testing and quality checks;
- Report equipment faults;
- Build up components and sub-assemblies into finished products.
- Relevant theoretical knowledge in mechanical, electronic/electrical engineering;
- Experience of working on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Experience in a design/development environment having skills to operate industrial machine tools such as milling machines and lathes;
- Ability to maintain, modify, repair and operate a range of equipment in the Engineering Teaching Facility;
- HNC, HND, Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline or appropriate experience;
- RSciTech / EngTech or willingness to work towards these or equivalent professional qualifications;
- The post is full-time and the hours of work are 37 a week;
- Soldering and basic electronic assembly;
- Use of material handling equipment;
- Experience of working to production targets;
- Previous manufacturing experience working with electronic and mechanical assemblies;
- Good experience with manual assembly.