Set up and operate machines, such as lathes, milling and engraving machines, and jig borers to make working models of metal or plastic objects. Includes template makers.
Fabricator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Fabricator to join our team.
- Proven timed served candidate;
- Building cut outs and being able to assemble them together;
- Measuring and marking out plates and sections for cutting, shaping and drilling;
- Read and interpret engineering drawings;
- Fabricates components by analysing requirements; welding parts;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- Collects equipment and materials by studying specifications and component requirements; order supplies and gases;
- Maintains safe work environment by following procedures; complying with legal regulations;
- Documents actions by completing records;
- Verifies welding results by inspecting and testing welds.
- Coded welder;
- Team player as well as ability to work independently;
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings;
- NVQ level education;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to problem solve;
- 5+ years’ experience;
- Demonstrable experience in a similar environment;
- Can lift 100+ lbs;
- Must pass background check;
- High school diploma;
- 18+ years old;
- Must pass drug screen;
- Must have previous experience welding (MIG or TIG) as well as prior fabrication experience.