The Manager of Quality Assurance oversees testing of processes and products. Responsible for the design and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met during production. Being a Manager of Quality Assurance typically reports to a head of a unit/department. Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. The Manager of Quality Assurance supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Thorough knowledge of department processes. Working as a Manager of Quality Assurance typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Quality Assurance Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our team.
- Identify Quality System weaknesses and change as necessary to strengthen, maintain and improve procedures;
- Devise procedures to test, report and manage project quality issues across the lifecycle;
- Qualified Person release of batches in alignment with Quality Management Systems and GMP regulations;
- Managing, designing and implementing quality management systems for batch release operations;
- Maintain compliance to BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and UKAS accreditation;
- Plan and deliver support and guidance assuring the quality of assessments and centre delivery arrangements;
- Prepare and enforce policies to establish a positive culture;
- Management of product non-conformance with suppliers;
- To operate in a constructive and co-operative manner with the key relationships noted above and to maintain Thales’s Key Values;
- Ensure contractual and relevant quality KPIs are monitored, reviewed and achieved;
- Delivering excellent internal and external customer service;
- Attend and present Quality and compliance status of the contract on Monthly and Quarterly Business Reviews with clients;
- Based in South East London but prepared to travel into Kent, Surrey, London and Norfolk;
- Working with clients to resolve Quality-related issues;
- Plan for the performance management of External Quality Assurers including a programme of shadowing in centres.
- Proven experience of quality assurance manager or relevant role;
- BCS Testing Certification or equivalent;
- Thorough knowledge of quality assurance and testing methodologies and standards;
- Hold a qualification in auditing;
- Excellent attention to detail is essential;
- Experience of working within the legal services sector is highly desirable;
- A high standard of written and oral communication with attention to detail;
- Excellent numerical skills and understanding of data analysis /statistical methods;
- Database interrogation skills (SQL /TSQL);
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and test reporting tools;
- Good communicator with strong influencing and persuasion skills;
- Strong administration and organisational skills with ability to prioritise workload;
- ITIL foundation, Prince II (Agile), desirable;
- Preferably hold National H&S qualification (NCRQ/NEBOSH General Certificate or equivalent).