Civil Enforcement Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Civil Enforcement Officer to join our team.
- To check parking meters and car park equipment, and report any damage or faults;
- To check parking tickets and issue Penalty Charge Notices (PCNs);
- To write reports and pocket book notes;
- To ensure drivers follow parking regulations within car parks and on public streets;
- Patrolling designated routes within the special parking areas and roads, subject to parking regulations within the borough of Croydon;
- On issue of PCNs, ensuring sufficient photographic evidence provided;
- Patrolling all permitted parking places, controlled parking zones (CPZs) and designated bus routes at all times during the day and evening;
- Issuing penalty charge notices where any vehicle is found to be in breach of parking regulations;
- To take photographs to support the enforcement action taken, to provide unwavering evidence of the parking contravention;
- To operate a handheld computer to issue Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) to all vehicles contravening parking regulations;
- To authorise vehicles for removal in accordance with the removal criteria;
- To enforce parking and footway restrictions as required;
- To patrol a specified beat/area, the required level of times per shift, as instructed by the parking team leader;
- To report faulty or missing street furniture, defects to parking lines and signs, and abandoned vehicles.
- Enforcement of permitted parking places;
- Knowledge of current Road Traffic Legislation in respect of parking.