Automotive Service Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Automotive Service Manager to join our team.
- Managing quality assurance, setting quality standards, maintaining quality of all garage activities;
- Managing and overseeing the Service and Parts departments’ operations and scheduling;
- Ensuring compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction quality, safety and complete and on-time delivery;
- Advising mechanics of work that must be completed;
- Ensuring completion of shop maintenance and repair work;
- Addressing customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous, professional manner;
- Management of morale in the shop by setting and demonstrating a strong business ethic for dealing with employees, suppliers and customers;
- Consulting and explaining the best solutions to properly repair our customers’ vehicles in terms they will understand;
- Providing service quotes;
- Ensuring that all products are billed accurately.
- Ability to identify key issues and creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles;
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with team members and customers;
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability;
- Continuously looking to learn and use new skills and the demonstrated ability to recognize opportunities for improvement;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Effective leadership skills with a strong focus on operations and business processes;
- Customer service focused;
- Value a strong team-based workplace;
- Flexible, patient, and calm when working with tight schedules;
- A safety first attitude;
- 5+ years of experience as an Automotive Service Technician or Service Advisor.