groups and events travel consultant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a groups and events travel consultant to join our team.
- Main point of contact for both internal and external clients and suppliers;
- Negotiate best fares with suppliers as well as flexible terms and conditions;
- Create group and individual reservations and accurately input data;
- Responsible for controlling budgeted costs.
- The ability to multi-task, prioritise and handle a busy workload;
- Enthusiastic approach;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Excel experience required;
- A good team player, able to work successfully with colleagues;
- Proven experience in the business travel sector and would have groups and events experience;
- Excellent fare and ticketing knowledge including Published, Net, Group and consolidator fare types;
- Sabre experience required;
- Ability to influence others and gain confidence and trust;
- Willingness to travel;
- Knowledge and experience of the air/travel industry and key contacts;
- Ability to remain calm, flexible and friendly when under pressure;
- Good communication skills – including written, verbal and presentational.