Insurance Broker develops and markets customer business to different insurance carriers to obtain quotes based on an evaluation and analysis of the customer’s insurance needs and requirements. Assesses and negotiates quotes from different carriers based on exposure, risk, and financing. Being an Insurance Broker develops recommendations to advises customers on the best options that will meet their needs and to place and retain the business. Requires knowledge of complex insurance products and a variety of lines such as commercial property & casualty, employee benefits, and others. Additionally, Insurance Broker requires a bachelor’s degree. Requires insurance licensing. May also require professional credentials such as CPCU (Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter), CIC (Certified Insurance Counselor), or ARM (Associate in Risk Management). Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Insurance Broker occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Gaining exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. To be an Insurance Broker typically requires 2 -4 years of related experience.
Insurance Broker Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Insurance Broker to join our team.
- Present the risk to a wide panel of insurers;
- Dealing with renewals, and mid-term adjustments;
- Liaising with clients over the phone, email and face to face meetings;
- Issue documentation to clients;
- Managing new business enquiries;
- Ensuring all documentation is compliant with FCA regulations;
- Provide support to Account managers;
- Assist in managing the combined commercial and personal existing accounts;
- Building and maintaining client relationships;
- Chasing payments and setting up direct debits.
- Ability to work well in a team;
- Great attention to detail;
- Proven background within personal lines;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Personable and friendly.