Medical Devices Trainer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Medical Devices Trainer to join our team.
- Participate in the collection of data for research and audit purposes and/or to improve patient care;
- Design, manage and perform equipment training needs analyses for all clinical areas in the Trust;
- Be responsible for the management of staff training records in relation to the above;
- Lead, design and manage Trust wide programmes to address training and competency for all clinical staff groups in the safe use of medical devices;
- Network with Medical Device training colleagues, both internally and externally;
- Provide monthly reports to the clinical devices managers and other groups when requested;
- Provide an interface between device users and EBME Services (public/private);
- Maintain and develop the Medical Devices training & competency database;
- Develop long term strategies, policies and procedures to underpin and facilitate the implementation of device training for all staff groups;
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of policies and procedures relating to the safe use of medical equipment.
- Able to plan and organise own time and workload;
- Experience in mentorship, teaching and delivering presentations;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal;
- Project management qualification (Prince 2) – Ideal;
- Information technology skills (including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, e-mail and internet);
- Evidence of continuing professional development – Advantageous;
- Ability to communicate with staff across all seniority and disciplines;
- In depth knowledge of the operation and clinical applications of a variety of medical devices;
- Experience in undertaking audits;
- Extensive clinical/technical experience in a variety of health care settings.