2nd Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a 2nd Engineer to join our team.
- Understand read and follow the company SEMS;
- Be able to priorities maintenance with safety, efficiency and guest satisfaction in mind;
- Assist the Chief Engineer in taking on board spare equipment and stores, ensuring these are properly accounted for and stored in the correct fashion;
- Organizes the maintenance of the yacht on a day to day basis, ensuring that all systems are functioning as designed;
- Ensure that English ids the spoken word of the engine room and promotes this with his peers and subordinates;
- Be able to effect repairs of all types of machinery in the engine room, primarily the main Air conditioning compressors and associated equipment;
- Understand the correct use of MSDS sheets;
- Follow the Chief Engineers standing orders;
- Be fully aware of the layout and systems for the entire yacht;
- Completed and filed the company engine room Familiarization form;
- Safely isolate machinery and electrical components so that work may be carried out on equipment;
- Be able to adequately monitor the yachts AVO system and assist in repairs required by both the deck and Hotel department;
- Understand the regulations and rules of SOLAS and MARPOL;
- Perform an efficient and accurate handover at the end of his watch period;
- Primarily run a safe and efficient engine room watch.
- STCW AFF;
- STCW CPSC;
- STCW 4th Part Basic Training;
- STCW Crisis Management & Human Behavior;
- Certificate of Competency suitable to the rank and yacht.