The Delivery Driver inspects, maintains, and schedules repairs on truck/trailer. Receives and delivers products and equipment. Being a Delivery Driver must be licensed to operate a truck and appropriate DOT certification required. Maintains records of deliveries and follows efficient travel routes. In addition, Delivery Driver may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Delivery Driver possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Delivery Driver Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Delivery Driver to join our team.
- Checking vehicles in and recording any damage or defects accurately;
- Greeting Customers;
- Signing vehicles off/checking vehicles in;
- Moving vehicles between branches;
- Experience of driving recovery vans preferred;
- Attending customers address to deliver or collect vehicles.
- Follow all procedures;
- Provide excellent customer service;
- Pass a Back Ground Check;
- Hold a full UK/EU licence with no more than 6 points;
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK;
- Clean driving license;
- A full clean driving licence with entitlement for, and experience of, towing trailers is essential for all applicants;
- Previous experience in physically demanding roles;
- Possess a wide range of practical skills;
- Experienced in Delivery driving: 2 years (Preferred);
- Must pass background check;
- Experience loading/unloading furniture for despatch/delivery;
- Manual handling knowledge (some heavy lifting required);
- 18+ years old;
- Experience in a similar role (experience delivering furniture would be an advantage).