The Forklift Driver is responsible for maintaining inventory and for production area cleanliness. Operates fork lifts to stack and retrieve goods, supplies and materials. Being a Forklift Driver typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Documents and maintains inventory records. In addition, Forklift Driver typically reports to a supervisor. Being a Forklift Driver possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Forklift Driver Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Forklift Driver to join our team.
- Operating various machinery. I.e milling machine, grinding machine, badging machine;
- Assisting with Goods In and Stores;
- Moving stock in the warehouse ready for distribution;
- Being on-call;
- Keeping the warehouse area clean and tidy and following health and safety guidelines and procedures;
- Ensuring customers’ orders are picked and packed accurately and efficiently;
- Moving stock around a racking system;
- Collection of stock as per picking lists;
- Communicate effectively with management team and colleagues;
- Loading and unloading vehicles;
- Being health and safety aware at all times;
- General warehouse duties;
- Moving high weight items;
- Hand offloading;
- Adhering to Site Safety Rules and setting Safety standards.
- Valid Counterbalance licence;
- To be able to work quickly and under pressure;
- Counter Balance and Reach Forklift Licence ( Refreshed in the last 3 years);
- Physical fitness needed;
- Must abide by strict health and safety rules;
- Team player but independent enough to work on their own;
- Driving licence;
- Warehouse Experience ( 3 months minimum);
- Able to work in time accordance;
- Valid Reach licence Good general factory/warehouse experience;
- Counter Balance Forklift;
- Good communication skills;
- Be Physically fit/strong.